DK Eyewitness Alaska (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Whether you want to spot grizzly bears in Denali National Park, uncover the traditions of Alaska's Native groups or race along the scenic Haines Highway, your DK Eyewitness travel guide makes sure you experience all that Alaska has to offer.
Epic in scale and wild to the core, Alaska beckons with snow-crusted peaks, desolate valleys and limitless space to roam. The undulating landscape of wildflower meadows and icy tundra is also home to historic gold rush towns and an array of local breweries - perfect for unwinding after a hike.
Our recently updated guide brings Alaska to life, transporting you there like no other travel guide does with expert-led insights and advice, detailed breakdowns of all the must-see sights, photographs on practically every page, and our hand-drawn illustrations which place you inside the state's iconic buildings and neighborhoods. DK Eyewitness Alaska is your ticket to the trip of a lifetime.
Inside DK Eyewitness Alaska you will find:
- A fully-illustrated top experiences guide: our expert pick of Alaska’s must-sees and hidden gems
- Accessible itineraries to make the most out of each and every day
- Expert advice: honest recommendations for getting around safely, when to visit each sight, what to do before you visit, and how to save time and money
- Color-coded chapters to every part of Alaska, from Anchorage to the Arctic
- Practical tips: the best places to eat, drink, shop and stay- Detailed maps and walks to help you navigate the region country easily and confidently
- Covers: Anchorage, The Kenai Peninsula, Prince William Sound, Southeast Alaska, Western Interior Alaska, Eastern Interior Alaska, Southwest Alaska, Arctic and Western Alaska
Travelling around the USA? Try our DK Eyewitness Travel Guide USA.
About DK Eyewitness:
At DK Eyewitness, we believe in the power of discovery. We make it easy for you to explore your dream destinations. DK Eyewitness travel guides have been helping travelers to make the most of their breaks since 1993. Filled with expert advice, striking photography and detailed illustrations, our highly visual DK Eyewitness guides will get you closer to your next adventure. We publish guides to more than 200 destinations, from pocket-sized city guides to comprehensive country guides. Named Top Guidebook Series at the 2020 Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards, we know that wherever you go next, your DK Eyewitness travel guides are the perfect companion.
About the Author
About DK Eyewitness Travel Guides: For more than two decades, DK Eyewitness Travel Guides have helped travelers experience the world through the history, art, architecture, and culture of their destinations. Expert travel writers and researchers provide independent editorial advice, recommendations, and reviews. With guidebooks to hundreds of places around the globe available in print and digital formats, DK Eyewitness Travel Guides show travelers how they can discover more.
DK Eyewitness Travel Guides: the most maps, photography, and illustrations of any guide.
"Known… for its four-color maps, photos and illustrations, the [DK] Eyewitness Guides are extremely user-friendly for travelers who want their information delivered in a concise, visual way." – Chicago Tribune
"The best option… Color photos, maps, and diagrams bring the place to life." – The Philadelphia Inquirer