DK Eyewitness Top 10 Iceland (Pocket Travel Guide) (Paperback)
usually available in 3-7 days
Striking, evocative and wild – Iceland's magnificent fjords, smouldering volcanoes and thunderous waterfalls never fail to capture the imagination. Your Top 10 Iceland ensures you'll find your way around the ‘Land of Fire and Ice’ with absolute ease. This travel guide is full of expert-led insights, trusted travel advice and newly updated practical information, helping you to get around and make plans.
So if you want to take a dip in the Blue Lagoon, wander Iceland’s national parks or visit cosmopolitan Reykjavik, our updated 2022 travel guide brings Iceland to life. DK Eyewitness Top 10 Iceland is your ticket to the trip of a lifetime.
Inside DK Eyewitness Top 10 Iceland you will find:
- Detailed Top 10 lists of Iceland's must-sees including comprehensive descriptions of Þingvellir National Park, the Blue Lagoon, the Geysir Hot Springs area, Gullfoss, the Lake My´vatn area, Vatnajökull National Park, Snæfellsjökull National Park, Látrabjarg Bird Cliffs, the Landmannalaugar area and Jökulsárlón
- 9 easy-to-follow itineraries including ideas for day trips, weekends and a week’s worth of plans to make the most out of each and every day
- Expert advice: honest recommendations on Iceland's most interesting areas, with the best places for shopping, eating out and sightseeing, with top tips on getting ready, getting around and staying safe
- Practical tips: Inspiration for different things to enjoy during your trip, including family activities and things to do for free
- Detailed maps including a laminated pull-out map of Iceland, plus five full-colour area maps
- Covers: Iceland Highlights, Þingvellir National Park, The Blue Lagoon and Around, Geysir Hot Springs Area, Gullfoss, Lake Mývatn Area, Vatnajökull National Park, Snæfellsjökull National Park, Látrabjarg Bird Cliffs, Landmannalaugar Area, Jökulsárlón,Moments in History, Churches, Museums in Reykjavík, Museums Around Iceland, Waterfalls, Volcanoes, Hot Springs and Geysers, Places to See Birds and Wildlife, Outdoor Activities, Hiking Trails, Children’s Activities, Nightlife, Fine Dining Restaurants, Cheaper Eats in Reykjaví Iceland for Free, Festivals, Offshore Islands, Reykjavík,West Iceland and the Snæfellsnes, Peninsula, The Westfjords, North Iceland, East Iceland, South Iceland, The Highland Interior
Planning on travelling around the Nordic countries? Don’t forget to check out DK Eyewitness Norway, DK Eyewitness Sweden and DK Eyewitness Denmark to make the most of your trip and achieve the adventure of a lifetime.
About DK Eyewitness:
At DK Eyewitness, we believe in the power of discovery. We make it easy for you to explore your dream destinations. DK Eyewitness travel guides have been helping travelers to make the most of their breaks since 1993. Filled with expert advice, striking photography and detailed illustrations, our highly visual DK Eyewitness guides will get you closer to your next adventure. We publish guides to more than 200 destinations, from pocket-sized city guides to comprehensive country guides. Named Top Guidebook Series at the 2020 Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards, we know that wherever you go next, your DK Eyewitness travel guides are the perfect companion.
About the Author
DK was founded in London in 1974 and is now the world leading illustrated reference publisher and a member of the Penguin Random House division of Bertelsmann. DK publishes highly visual, photographic non-fiction for adults and children. DK produces content for consumers in over 100 countries and over 60 languages, with offices in the UK, India, US, Germany, China, Canada, Spain and Australia.
DK's aim is to inspire, educate and entertain readers of all ages, and everything DK publishes, whether print or digital, embodies the unique DK design approach. DK brings unrivalled clarity to a wide range of topics, with a unique combination of words and pictures, put together to spectacular effect. We have a reputation for innovation in design for both print and digital products.
Our adult range spans travel, including the award-winning DK Eyewitness Travel Guides, history, science, nature, sport, gardening, cookery and parenting.
DK’s extensive children’s list showcases a fantastic store of information for children, toddlers and babies. DK covers everything from animals and the human body, to homework help and craft activities, together with an impressive list of licensing titles, including the best-selling LEGO® books.
DK acts as the parent company for Alpha Books, publisher of the Idiot's Guides series.