Sammy Keyes and the Showdown in Sin City (Paperback)
Special Order - may be out of print
Other Books in Series
This is book number 16 in the Sammy Keyes series.
- #1: Sammy Keyes and the Hotel Thief (Paperback): $7.99
- #2: Sammy Keyes and the Skeleton Man (Paperback): $7.99
- #3: Sammy Keyes and the Sisters of Mercy (Paperback): $7.99
- #4: Sammy Keyes and the Runaway Elf (Paperback): $7.99
- #5: Sammy Keyes and the Curse of Moustache Mary (Paperback): $7.99
- #6: Sammy Keyes and the Hollywood Mummy (Paperback): $7.99
- #7: Sammy Keyes and the Search for Snake Eyes (Paperback): $8.99
- #8: Sammy Keyes and the Art of Deception (Paperback): $7.99
- #9: Sammy Keyes and the Psycho Kitty Queen (Paperback): $7.99
- #10: Sammy Keyes and the Dead Giveaway (Paperback): $7.99
- #11: Sammy Keyes and the Wild Things (Paperback): $7.99
- #12: Sammy Keyes and the Cold Hard Cash (Paperback): $7.99
- #13: Sammy Keyes and the Wedding Crasher (Paperback): $8.99
- #14: Sammy Keyes and the Night of Skulls (Paperback): $7.99
- #15: Sammy Keyes and the Power of Justice Jack (Paperback): $7.99
- #17: Sammy Keyes and the Killer Cruise (Paperback): $7.99
- #18: Sammy Keyes and the Kiss Goodbye (Paperback): $7.99
"The most winning junior detective ever in teen lit. (Take that, Nancy Drew!)" —Midwest Children's Book Review
In this pivotal book in the Sammy Keyes series, Sammy tackles the persistent mysteries of her own life. Mysteries like: Who is her father? And why has her mother kept it such a secret? How long can she manage to hide out in Grams' seniors-only building before someone catches on? Is her mother really planning to marry her boyfriend's father? (Ew.) And why, why is Heather Acosta so nasty?
During one crazy weekend in Las Vegas, with the help of an entire army of Elvis impersonators, Sammy finally gets some answers. But of course knowledge comes at a price—and solving the mysteries of her own life will cost Sammy more than she ever meant to pay. . . .
The Sammy Keyes mysteries are fast-paced, funny, thoroughly modern, and true whodunits. Each mystery is exciting and dramatic, but it's the drama in Sammy's personal life that keeps readers coming back to see what happens next with her love interest Casey, her soap-star mother, and her mysterious father.
About the Author
WENDELIN VAN DRAANEN was a classroom teacher for many years before becoming a full-time writer. The books in the Sammy Keyes mystery series have been embraced by critics and readers alike, with Sammy Keyes and the Hotel Thief receiving the Edgar Allan Poe Award for best children’s mystery. Wendelin is also the author of many award-winning novels, including Flipped, The Running Dream, Runaway, Confessions of a Serial Kisser, Swear to Howdy, The Secret Life of Lincoln Jones, and Wild Bird. You can find her online at WendelinVanDraanen.com and @WendelinVanD, and you can follow Sammy Keyes on Facebook.
Praise for the Sammy Keyes series:
“Van Draanen offers such an explosive combination of high-stakes sleuthing, hilarity, and breathlessly paced action that it’s impossible to turn the pages fast enough.” —Kirkus Reviews
“There’s no stopping Sammy.”—Publishers Weekly
“An intelligent, gutsy, flawed, and utterly likable heroine.”—Booklist
"Move over, Nancy Drew—a new sleuth is on the scene.”—Girls’ Life
"Think a combination of Carl Hiaasen’s Flush and Janet Evanovich’s Stephanie Plum books and you’ll be right on target.” —School Library Journal
“A high-quality, high-amp mystery series.” —The Horn Book
“This funny, clever series is NOT for kids only. I challenge the most seasoned mystery reader to guess ‘who done it.’” —Cozies, Capers, and Crimes
“Sammy Keyes comes armed with attitude.” —Orlando Sentinel
“Sammy doesn’t find mysteries to solve—they find her.” —Arizona Republic
“Humor, romance and adventure; this story is an absolute blast.” —Chicago Tribune
“If you haven’t met Sammy Keyes yet, now is the time.” —Children’s Literature