Sammy Keyes and the Kiss Goodbye (Paperback)
Special Order - may be out of print
Other Books in Series
This is book number 18 in the Sammy Keyes series.
- #1: Sammy Keyes and the Hotel Thief (Paperback): $7.99
- #2: Sammy Keyes and the Skeleton Man (Paperback): $7.99
- #3: Sammy Keyes and the Sisters of Mercy (Paperback): $7.99
- #4: Sammy Keyes and the Runaway Elf (Paperback): $7.99
- #5: Sammy Keyes and the Curse of Moustache Mary (Paperback): $7.99
- #6: Sammy Keyes and the Hollywood Mummy (Paperback): $7.99
- #7: Sammy Keyes and the Search for Snake Eyes (Paperback): $8.99
- #8: Sammy Keyes and the Art of Deception (Paperback): $7.99
- #9: Sammy Keyes and the Psycho Kitty Queen (Paperback): $7.99
- #10: Sammy Keyes and the Dead Giveaway (Paperback): $7.99
- #11: Sammy Keyes and the Wild Things (Paperback): $7.99
- #12: Sammy Keyes and the Cold Hard Cash (Paperback): $7.99
- #13: Sammy Keyes and the Wedding Crasher (Paperback): $8.99
- #14: Sammy Keyes and the Night of Skulls (Paperback): $7.99
- #15: Sammy Keyes and the Power of Justice Jack (Paperback): $7.99
- #16: Sammy Keyes and the Showdown in Sin City (Paperback): $7.99
- #17: Sammy Keyes and the Killer Cruise (Paperback): $7.99
The final mystery starring Sammy Keyes: “the most winning junior detective ever in teen lit. (Take that, Nancy Drew!)” —Midwest Children’s Book Review
Sammy doesn’t go looking for trouble, but she seems to find it everywhere. She’s forever sniffing out clues and chasing down bad guys—and driving her friends a little nuts. She’s gone up against thieves and counterfeiters and gangsters and blackmailers and murderers, and always stayed one step ahead.
Last night, one of the bad guys caught up.
Last night, someone followed Sammy up the fire escape and pushed her from the third story.
Now she’s in the hospital, out cold. And her friends are left with the questions Sammy’s always been so good at answering: Why? How? But most of all . . . WHO?
In this emotional conclusion to her beloved long-running series, Wendelin Van Draanen shows just how many lives one nosy girl can touch and pays tribute to a life well sleuthed.
Praise for Sammy Keyes:
“If Kinsey Millhone ever hires a junior partner, Sammy Keyes will be the first candidate on the list. She’s feisty, fearless, and funny. A top-notch investigator!” —Sue Grafton
“Sammy’s brave, resourceful, observant and a loyal friend, but this girl sleuth is no well-mannered Nancy Drew. She’s endearingly hot-tempered, nosy, and not always obedient—in short, she’s someone I want to read about again.” —Margaret Maron
About the Author
WENDELIN VAN DRAANEN was a classroom teacher for many years before becoming a full-time writer. The books in the Sammy Keyes mystery series have been embraced by critics and readers alike, with Sammy Keyes and the Hotel Thief receiving the Edgar Allan Poe Award for best children’s mystery. Wendelin is also the author of many award-winning novels, including Flipped, The Running Dream, Runaway, Confessions of a Serial Kisser, Swear to Howdy, The Secret Life of Lincoln Jones, and Wild Bird. You can find her online at WendelinVanDraanen.com and @WendelinVanD, and you can follow Sammy Keyes on Facebook.
Praise for the Sammy Keyes series:
“Van Draanen offers such an explosive combination of high-stakes sleuthing, hilarity, and breathlessly paced action that it’s impossible to turn the pages fast enough.” —Kirkus Reviews
“There’s no stopping Sammy.”—Publishers Weekly
“An intelligent, gutsy, flawed, and utterly likable heroine.”—Booklist
"Move over, Nancy Drew—a new sleuth is on the scene.”—Girls’ Life
"Think a combination of Carl Hiaasen’s Flush and Janet Evanovich’s Stephanie Plum books and you’ll be right on target.” —School Library Journal
“A high-quality, high-amp mystery series.” —The Horn Book
“This funny, clever series is NOT for kids only. I challenge the most seasoned mystery reader to guess ‘who done it.’” —Cozies, Capers, and Crimes
“Sammy Keyes comes armed with attitude.” —Orlando Sentinel
“Sammy doesn’t find mysteries to solve—they find her.” —Arizona Republic
“Humor, romance and adventure; this story is an absolute blast.” —Chicago Tribune
“If you haven’t met Sammy Keyes yet, now is the time.” —Children’s Literature