The Adventures of Nanny Piggins (Paperback)
usually available in 3-7 days
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the Nanny Piggins series.
- #2: Nanny Piggins and the Wicked Plan (Paperback): $17.99
- #3: Nanny Piggins and the Runaway Lion (Hardcover): $17.00
- #4: Nanny Piggins and the Accidental Blast-Off (Paperback): $8.99
- #5: Nanny Piggins and the Rival Ringmaster (Paperback): $8.99
- #6: Nanny Piggins and the Pursuit of Justice (Paperback): $8.99
- #7: Nanny Piggins and the Daring Rescue (Paperback): $8.99
- #8: Nanny Piggins and the Race to Power (Paperback): $8.99
Three children and their hilariously subversive nanny pig embark on zany adventures in this award-winning middle grade debut illustrated by Caldecott winnter Dan Santat.
The three Green children are cared for by a nanny pig. Yes, a pig--a fabulously sassy and impeccably dressed pig, as a matter of fact! With her insatiable urge to eat chocolate (and feed chocolate to everyone she loves), her high-flying spirit, and her unending sense of fun, Nanny Piggins takes Derrick, Samantha, and Michael on a year of surprises, yummy treats, and adventures they'll never forget.
It's no surprise that Booklist proclaimed, "Mary Poppins, move over--or get shoved out of the way." Nanny Piggins is a refreshing and dynamic addition to favorite classic nannies: Amelia Bedelia, Mrs. Piggle Wiggle, and, of course, Mary Poppins.
Read more books in the series: Nanny Piggins and the Wicked Plan and Nanny Piggins and the Runaway Lion.
About the Author
R.A. Spratt is an award-winning comedy writer with fifteen years of experience in the television industry. She lives in Sydney, Australia, with her husband and two daughters. You can visit her at www.raspratt.com.
Dan Santat is the author/illustrator of Sidekicks and the winner of the Silver Medal from the Society of Illustrators for Oh No!(Or How My Science Project Destroyed the World) by Mac Barnett. He is also the illustrator of Crankenstein and the author and illustrator of Beekle, the Unimaginary Friend, coming Spring 2014. He lives in Los Angeles, California. You can visit him at www.dansantat.com.
A Booklist Top 10 First Novels for Youth—-
* "Mary Poppins, move over-or get shoved out of the way. Nanny Piggins has arrived... This is smart, sly, funny, and marvelously illustrated with drawings that capture Nanny's sheer pigginess."—Booklist, starred review
"Reluctant and avid readers alike will get caught up in this book's humor, charm, and adventure."—School Library Journal
"Readers looking for nonstop giggles and cheerful political incorrectness will devour this as quickly as Nanny Piggins can consume a chocolate cake."—Publishers Weekly