Princess Elizabeth's Spy: A Maggie Hope Mystery (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 2 in the Maggie Hope series.
- #1: Mr. Churchill's Secretary: A Maggie Hope Mystery (Paperback): $17.00
- #3: His Majesty's Hope: A Maggie Hope Mystery (Paperback): $17.00
- #4: The Prime Minister's Secret Agent: A Maggie Hope Mystery (Paperback): $17.00
- #5: Mrs. Roosevelt's Confidante: A Maggie Hope Mystery (Paperback): $17.00
- #6: The Queen's Accomplice: A Maggie Hope Mystery (Paperback): $17.00
- #7: The Paris Spy: A Maggie Hope Mystery (Paperback): $17.00
- #8: The Prisoner in the Castle: A Maggie Hope Mystery (Paperback): $17.00
- #9: The King's Justice: A Maggie Hope Mystery (Paperback): $17.00
- #10: The Hollywood Spy: A Maggie Hope Mystery (Hardcover): $27.00
Susan Elia MacNeal introduced the remarkable Maggie Hope in her acclaimed debut, Mr. Churchill’s Secretary. Now Maggie returns to protect Britain’s beloved royals against an international plot—one that could change the course of history.
As World War II sweeps the continent and England steels itself against German attack, Maggie Hope, former secretary to Prime Minister Winston Churchill, completes her training to become a spy for MI-5. Spirited, strong-willed, and possessing one of the sharpest minds in government for mathematics and code-breaking, she fully expects to be sent abroad to gather intelligence for the British front. Instead, to her great disappointment, she is dispatched to go undercover at Windsor Castle, where she will tutor the young Princess Elizabeth in math. Yet castle life quickly proves more dangerous—and deadly—than Maggie ever expected. The upstairs-downstairs world at Windsor is thrown into disarray by a shocking murder, which draws Maggie into a vast conspiracy that places the entire royal family in peril. And as she races to save England from a most disturbing fate, Maggie realizes that a quick wit is her best defense, and that the smallest clues can unravel the biggest secrets, even within her own family.
About the Author
Susan Elia MacNeal is the Barry Award–winning and Edgar, Dilys, and Macavity Award–nominated author of the Maggie Hope mysteries, including Mr. Churchill’s Secretary, Princess Elizabeth’s Spy, His Majesty’s Hope, and The Prime Minister’s Secret Agent. She lives in Park Slope, Brooklyn, with her husband and child.
Praise for Mr. Churchill’s Secretary
“Delightful may seem a strange word to describe a novel that takes place against the backdrop of the bombings of London during World War II, but it’s appropriate for this debut novel. . . . As sweet as it is intriguing.”—USA Today
“A captivating, post-feminist picture of England during its finest hour.”—The Denver Post
“Daring . . . Blends meticulous research on the era, psychological insight into Winston Churchill, and the creation of a riveting main character, Maggie Hope, into a spectacularly crafted novel.”—Bookreporter
“A ripping good yarn [that] enthralls and satisfies.”—Richmond Times-Dispatch