Panther Medium Tank: IV. Ss-Panzerkorps Eastern Front, 1944 (Tankcraft) (Paperback)
Special Order - may be out of print
Other Books in Series
- #1: Tiger I and Tiger II: Tanks of the German Army and Waffen-SS: Eastern Front 1944 (Tankcraft #1) (Paperback): $19.95
- #2: Sherman Tanks of the British Army and Royal Marines: Normandy Campaign 1944 (Tankcraft #2) (Paperback): $24.95
- #3: Panther Tanks: Germany Army and Waffen Ss, Normandy Campaign 1944 (Tankcraft #3) (Paperback): $22.95
- #4: Churchill Tanks: British Army, North-West Europe 1944-45 (Tankcraft #4) (Paperback): $22.95
- #16: Cromwell and Centaur Tanks: British Army and Royal Marines, North-West Europe 1944-1945 (Tankcraft #16) (Paperback): $24.95
12 pages of full color illustrations depicting over 20 different vehicles and their markings with histories of the Panzer regiments of the SS-Totenkopf and Wiking divisions during the battles of 1944 on the Eastern Front.
During the summer of 1944 a series of massive Soviet offensives threatened to destroy the entire German army on the Eastern Front. As the Wehrmacht scrambled to hold what ground it could many formations simply disappeared and the available armored units were used to plug the gaps in the front line. One of the most important elements of the defense was the newly raised IV.SS-Panzerkorps which contained the veteran Totenkopf and Wiking divisions. Although both were well equipped their real striking power lay in the battalion of Pzkpfw V Panther tanks with which each was outfitted, perhaps the most effective armored fighting vehicle produced by Germany during the Second World War.
In Dennis Oliver's latest volume in the TankCraft series, he uses archive photos and extensively researched color illustrations to examine the Panther battalions of these famous units that fought to hold back the Soviet advance during the last months of 1944. A key section of his book displays available model kits and aftermarket products, complemented by a gallery of beautifully constructed and painted models in various scales. Technical details as well as modifications introduced during production and in the field are also examined providing everything the modeler needs to recreate an accurate representation of these historic tanks.