Moon San Diego (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Special Order - may be out of print
Catch a wave, explore the buzzing craft beer scene, or just hang loose on the beach. Whether you're seeking thrills or kicking back, get a taste of the SoCal lifestyle with Moon San Diego. Inside you'll find:
- Flexible, strategic itineraries including the best of the city, beaches, and breweries, plus ideas for family-friendly fun
- The top sights and unique experiences: Swim at Ocean Beach or kayak around La Jolla Cove. Hop on the San Diego Trolley to explore historic Old Town, shop for Mexican pottery, or take a surfing lesson. Snap a pic with the pandas and polar bears at the renowned San Diego Zoo and stroll through the museums in Balboa Park
- Get a Taste of the City: Savor authentic Baja-style cuisine or belly up to the window of a food truck for fresh fish tacos
- Bars and Nightlife: Sample a flight of craft beers at a trendy brewery, bar crawl along Pacific Beach or in the Gaslamp Quarter, or watch a movie under the stars at one of the city's outdoor cinemas
- Local insight from brew enthusiast, avid surfer, and San Diego native Ian Anderson
- Day trips from San Diego: Taste wines in Temecula, enjoy the wildflowers in Anza-Borrego State Park, or cross the border into Tijuana
- Honest advice on when to go, where to stay, and how to get around
- Maps and Tools like background information on the history and culture of the city, easy-to-read maps, full-color photos, and neighborhood guides from historic Old Town to seaside Coronado
Can't enough of the Golden State? Try Moon California. Hitting the road? Try Moon Pacific Coast Highway Road Trip.
About the Author
Ian Anderson learned to surf San Diego waves while living on a nearby military base. The child of a U.S. serviceman, he spent his youth on such bases, traveling the globe from Japan to the UK, through the American South up to Washington DC. But nothing resonated so deeply for him as the Southern California lifestyle.
After earning a writing degree from Pomona College, Ian continued to explore the world, yet those San Diego beaches keep luring him home, never judging him for dalliances in Hawaiian, Costa Rican, or European waters.
Ian covers "America's Finest City" as a reporter and restaurant critic for the San Diego Reader. He contributes to national publications (usually writing about beer, music, and travel) has ghost-written a number of books, and even delved into the ecological sciences to co-author An Eco-Friendly Online Shopping Guide. For the most part, Ian's expertise matches his interests-chief among them exploring San Diego's sights, sounds, and flavors-and bringing these experiences to life for readers.