Moon Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard & Nantucket (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
On Our Shelves Now
From fine-art galleries to fried clams, celebrity sightings to surfcasting, escape to the Cape with Moon Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard & Nantucket. Inside you'll find:
- Flexible, strategic itineraries, including weekend getaways to Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard, or Nantucket, and the 12-day best of all three, designed for outdoor adventurers, beach bums, foodies, families, winter visitors, and more
- Must-see highlights and unique experiences: Relax on miles of sandy beaches, admire 19th century lighthouses, take in some local lore at the Whaling Museum, or visit a wildlife sanctuary. Feast on raw oysters, fried clams, and fresh fish, kick back at an old-school drive-in theater, or play maritime-themed miniature golf. Stroll the cobblestone streets of Nantucket or pop into the galleries and artisan studios on the Cape
- The top outdoor activities: Kayak through misty marshes, spot dolphins from a sailboat, hike to cliffside bluffs, or bike the serene beach paths of Martha's Vineyard
- Honest advice on when to go, how to get around, and where to stay, from quiet seaside cottages to historic guest houses and posh resorts
- Valuable insight from Cape Cod local Ray Bartlett
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Thorough information including background on the landscape, climate, wildlife, and culture
Exploring more of New England? Try Moon Maine, Vermont & New Hampshire. Hitting the road? Check out Moon New England Road Trip.
About the Author
Ray Bartlett has lived on this sandy peninsula most of his life. He began his travel writing career at the age of 18 when he jumped a freight train for 500 miles and sold an article and photos about the experience to the Cape Cod Times. More than two decades later, Ray is still wandering the globe with pen and camera in hand.
Ray is often on the road in Japan, Korea, or Mexico, but when not elsewhere, he's here on the Cape. In addition to publishing numerous travel articles and books, he has also produced videos on such disparate topics as New England in autumn, Cape Cod whale-watching, and a Japanese fertility festival. Ray is a featured guest on Around the World, a syndicated radio show, and he has appeared on PRI's The World. He owns and operates a top-rated onsen website, OnsenJapan.net. His debut novel, Sunsets of Tulum, set in Yucatan, came out in October 2015.
When not on assignment in different parts of the globe, Ray is on the Cape, where he drinks too much coffee and burns too much midnight oil. His hobbies are surfing and dancing Argentine Tango. Find him via his website at Kaisora.com, on Facebook at facebook.com/RayBartlettAuthor, or @kaisoradotcom on Twitter.