Moon Iceland (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Special Order - may be out of print
Explore Your World Your Way with Moon Travel Guides!
In Iceland, fire and ice meet at the top of the world. Explore it all with Moon Iceland. Inside you'll find:
- Strategic, flexible itineraries, from a three-day getaway to Reykjavík to a week-long road trip on the famed Ring Road, designed for outdoor adventurers, culture and history buffs, wildlife lovers, and more
- Unique experiences and can't-miss activities: Walk across a glacier, hike the rim of a remote volcano, and relax in the milky blue waters of the Blue Lagoon. Drive the Ring Road through stark and beautiful tundra, explore crystalline ice caves and mineral-rich lava tubes, and catch a rainbow appearing over a thundering waterfall. Go whale watching, spot arctic wildlife like puffins and reindeer, and bask in the shimmering glow of the northern lights. Stroll Reykjavík's busy streets, explore incredible museums, unique galleries, and intimate concert venues, and wind down with a handcrafted Icelandic beer
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Honest advice from local author Jenna Gottlieb on where to eat, where to stay, and when to go, including insight on traveling during the winter
- Handy tools including an Icelandic phrasebook and critical background information on the landscape, culture, history, and environment
Country-hopping in Scandinavia? Check out Moon Norway. Heading on to Europe? Try Moon Ireland or Moon Rome, Florence & Venice.
About the Author
Originally from New York City, Jenna Gottlieb fell in love with Iceland in 2006 on a spur of the moment getaway. During that trip, there were many firsts: her first time riding a horse, walking behind a waterfall, and being served dishes like singed sheep's head and sour ram testicles. She survived and continued to return, permanently relocating to Iceland in 2012.
While researching and writing this book, Jenna discovered new favorites and revisited old haunts. Her favorite experiences in Iceland include puffin watching, hiking in the north, and spending as much time in the West Fjords as possible.
A freelance writer specializing in travel, business, and lifestyle, Jenna has contributed to the Associated Press, CNN Travel, the Independent, New York Post, and the Reykjavik Grapevine, among others. You can see some of her published work at jennagottlieb.com.