True Border: 100 Questions and Answers about the U.S.-Mexico Frontera (Paperback)
(This is a special order book which cannot be returned.)
True Border: 100 Questions and Answers about the U.S.-Mexico Frontera is an edition from the University of Texas/Borderzine in the Bias Busters cultural competence series. The guide is written for people who want authoritative answers about the U.S.-Mexico border region and get up to speed quickly on this important topic.
It is a starting point for people in business, education, elected office, government, law enforcement, human resources and journalism, as well as the general public, who need to get up to speed quickly on this important topic. Additional resources are provided to facilitate greater depth.
This guide has sections on the environment, business, influential people, The Wall, border crime and deaths, the Border Patrol, border identity, culture and language, and social justice.
- What does the "wall" symbolize for residents of the U.S. and Mexico?
- What pollutants affect the Rio Grande?
- How do maquiladoras/assembly plants affect the environment along the border?
- Where are the border checkpoints and what do they do?
- How many people cross the border daily?
- What is a sanctuary city?