The Little Guide to Dolly Parton: It's Hard to Be a Diamond in a Rhinestone World (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 4 in the Little Book Of... series.
- #1: Little Book of Badass Business: Business Inspiration from Film & TVs Most Successful Badasses (Hardcover): $8.95
- #2: Little Book of Oscar Wilde: Wit and Wisdom to Live by (Hardcover): $8.95
- #3: The Little Book of the Art of War: Strategies to Live by: Over 170 Quotes Drawn Straight from the Ancient Treatise by China's Most Famous Warrior and (Hardcover): $8.95
- #5: The Little Book of Love: Words from the Heart-Inspiring and Thought-Provoking Reflections and Declarations of Love (Hardcover): $8.95
- #6: Little Book of Churchill: In His Own Words (Hardcover): $8.95
- #7: The Little Book of Mom: Little Words of Strength, Wisdom and Love (Hardcover): $8.95
- #8: Little Book of United States Presidents: In Their Own Words-A Collection of Inspirational and Thought-Provoking Quotes from Every Us President (Hardcover): $8.95
- #9: The Little Book of Kobe: In His Own Words-The Wisdom of a King of Sport, Business and Charity (Hardcover): $8.95
- #10: The Little Book of Cricket (Hardcover): $8.95
- #11: The Little Book of Ice Cream (Hardcover): $8.95
- #12: The Little Book of Cheese (Hardcover): $8.95
- #13: The Little Book of Cher (Hardcover): $8.95
- #14: The Little Book of Leonard Cohen (Hardcover): $8.95
- #15: The Little Book of Dreams (Hardcover): $8.95
- #16: The Little Book of Angels (Hardcover): $8.95
- #17: The Little Book of Unicorns (Hardcover): $8.95
- #18: The Little Book of Affirmations (Hardcover): $8.95
- #19: The Little Book of Chakras (Hardcover): $8.95
- #20: The Little Book of Palmistry (Hardcover): $8.95
- #21: The Little Book of Auras (Hardcover): $8.95
The ultimate pick-me-up to save you from the nine-to-five heartbreak blues.The Little Book of Dolly Parton is your bible of devastating Dolly-isms.
Yes, that's right, the most iconic and acclaimed female country singer in the history of music is so inventive and brilliant with her clever wisecracks and sage advice that popular culture has crowned her with an -ism after her name. No one else is as worthy.
For more than five decades, Dolly has been laying down her own brand of whip-smart wit and wisdom to the world, with many quotes and quips becoming as famous as her lyrical genius, for which she has won too many song writing awards and honors to mention. Stacked to the rafters with more than 150 bite-size bon-mots, one-liners and ripostes - as well profound and sincere observations - The Little Book of Dolly Parton is your new favorite life companion.
'I never think of myself as a star because, as somebody once said, A star is nothing but a big ball of gas - and I don't want to be that.' Reflecting on stardom during an interview with Billboard, 2014.
'The kids peed on me every night ... There were so many of us. We slept three and four in the bed. I would wash every night, and as soon as I go to bed, the kids would wet on me and I'd have to get up in the morning and do the same thing ... That was the only warm thing we knew in the winter time. That was almost a pleasure to get peed on because it was so cold. Lord. It was as cold in the room as it was outside. We'd bundle up to go to bed.' Discussing her family's humble origins during an interview with Playboy, 1978.
'I'm proud of my hillbilly, white trash background. To me that keeps you humble; that keeps you good. And it doesn't matter how hard you try to outrun it - if that's who you are, that's who you are. It'll show up once in a while.' Discussing her background, during an interview with Southern Living, 2014.