Earth Materials (Kobo eBook)
Earth materials encompass the minerals, rocks, soil and water that constitute our planet and the physical, chemical and biological processes that produce them. Since the expansion of computer technology in the last two decades of the twentieth century, many universities have compressed or eliminated individual course offerings such as mineralogy, optical mineralogy, igneous petrology, sedimentology and metamorphic petrology and replaced them with Earth materials courses. Earth materials courses have become an essential curricular component in the fields of geology, geoscience, Earth science, and many related areas of study. This textbook is designed to address the needs of a one- or two-semester Earth materials course, as well as individuals who want or need an expanded background in minerals, rocks, soils and water resources.
Earth Materials, Second Edition, provides:
- Comprehensive descriptive analysis of Earth materials
- Color graphics and insightful text in a logical integrated format
- Field examples and regional relationships with graphics that illustrate concepts discussed
- Examples of how concepts discussed can be used to address real world issues
- Contemporary references from current scientific journals related to developments in Earth materials research
- Summative discussions of how Earth materials are interrelated with other science and non-science fields of study
- Additional resources, including detailed descriptions of major rock-forming minerals and keys for identifying minerals using macroscopic and/or optical methods, are available online at www.wiley.com/go/hefferan/earthmaterials
Earth Materials, Second Edition, is an innovative, visually appealing, informative and readable textbook that addresses the full spectrum of Earth materials.